Indian cooking features a vast array of herbs, spices and chiles, often combined in richly flavored curry dishes. You can easily bring these exotic flavors to your table with McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder, a medley of many arom
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Red Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Salt
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose apple (Golden Delicious), cut in cubes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garam Masala
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
In large self-closing plastic bag, combine flour, red curry powder and garlic salt. Add chicken; shake to coat.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add chicken cubes; saute until well browned. Reduce heat. Add apple and onion; cook 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in brown sugar, garam masala and coconut milk.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice with condiments such as: chopped pistachios or peanuts, golden raisins, sliced green onions, flaked coconut, and mango chutney.
Substitution: May substitute 1 teaspoon ground cumin and 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice for 1 teaspoon garam masala.