This dish is thick like a chili, but isn't spicy at all. An easy and hearty weekday dish, it's vegetarian, loaded with flavor, and all the veggies are RED!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red potato, sliced
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the red bell pepper, red onion, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in tomatoes, beans, potato, vegetable stock, water, Worcestershire sauce, and oregano. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, until potato is tender.
Stir macaroni into the stew, and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, until al dente. Top with Cheddar cheese to serve.