Rich and delicious, with luscious layers of chocolate pudding and whipped topping, your guests will never guess this dessert is a reduced fat version of the classic mud pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup fat free sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 KEEBLER® READY CRUST® Graham Cracker Reduced Fat Pie Crust
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 (3.9 ounce) packages chocolate flavor instant pudding & pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen non-dairy lite whipped topping, thawed
Pour chocolate and fat free sweetened condensed milk into bowl; stir until smooth. Pour into crust. Press nuts evenly onto chocolate in crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
Pour fat free milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until smooth. Mixture will be thick.
Spread 1 1/2 cups of the pudding over chocolate in crust. Immediately stir half of the lite whipped topping into remaining pudding. Spread over pudding in crust. Top with remaining whipped topping.
Toasted Pecans - Spread out pecans evenly on a baking sheet. Place into a 375 degrees F oven for 3-5 minutes or until pecans are well toasted.