A thick hearty soup that's truly low fat, and packed with flavor. Quick and easy to make, this is a very satisfying meal. You won't believe it's not fattening!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen loose-pack hash brown potatoes with onion and peppers
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (2.5 ounce) package fat free country-style gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion for topping
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (optional)
In a stockpot or Dutch oven, combine the hash browns and chicken broth. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
In a separate bowl, stir together the gravy mix and water. Stir the gravy mixture into the potatoes, and allow to simmer until thickened. Remove from heat and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
Serve hot topped with chopped green onions and grated cheese.