Cheesecake and Pecan Pie lovers alike will croon for this dessert. This fluffy pie filling creams melted Reese's Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Chips, cream cheese, powdered sugar, whipped topping and toasted pecans into a light frozen favorite. Garnish w
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (11 ounce) package REESE'S® Peanut Butter and Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope dry whipped topping mix*
- 1 packaged crumb crust (6 oz.)
- Sweetened whipped cream
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Place pecans and butter in baking pan; toast in oven about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until butter is melted and nuts are coated. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, place chips and milk in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir. If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred; cool 10 minutes.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until fluffy in large mixer bowl; blend in chocolate mixture. Prepare whipped topping mix according to package directions; fold into chocolate mixture. Fold in 1/2 cup toasted pecans; pour into crust. Wrap tightly; freeze 4 to 6 hours or until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and remaining pecans.
* 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping may be substituted for the prepared whipped topping mix.