There is so much flavor in this tasty bean dip that your guests will never dream that it 's low-fat. Everything is layered into a bowl, so when you 're ready to eat, all you need are some sturdy tortilla chips for deep dipping.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy salad dressing (ie: Fat Free Miracle Whip TM)
- 1/2 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 large pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) package low-fat baked tortilla chips
Spread the refried beans on a large flat platter.
Wisk together the sour cream, creamy salad dressing and taco seasoning mix. Spread on top of beans and follow with a layer of cheese, lettuce, and a mixed layer of the tomato, green onions and olives.
Lightly dot the top with salsa and insert chips, standing up, around the edge of the dish. Use the chips to scoop into the dish and serve extra chips on the side.