Toss together tender chicken morsels with spaghetti, a rainbow of bell peppers, loads of garlic, a little onion and creamy Alfredo sauce, and you get Chicken Scampi right in your own home.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound raw chicken tenders or strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 yellow bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups four cheese Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
Place chicken and flour in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Shake excess flour off chicken and saute in oil for 4 to 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown and cooked through (juices run clear). Remove from skillet and place in a medium bowl; set aside.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking water, and return pasta to pot. Set aside pasta and cooking water.
Wipe skillet with paper towel. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook 3 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
Stir in Alfredo sauce, cover and heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add to reserved pasta in pot, then add reserved cooking water and chicken. Toss to mix, pour into serving bowls and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.