This salad has the perfect coleslaw taste. Very, very creamy with a bit of sweet/tartness stirred in. Everything is stirred into one bowl, and then chilled before serving. Makes six generous servings.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
Combine the coleslaw and onion in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar, lemon juice and mix until smooth. Pour over the coleslaw and onion mixture, stir well and chill for 1 hour.