Dried salad dressing and tomato soup mixes in the batter add a lot of zest to fried chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 packet dry tomato soup mix
- 1 (4 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
In a small bowl, mix egg beat and milk together. Set aside. In a shallow dish or bowl, mix together the flour, salad dressing mix and soup mix. Dip chicken pieces in egg/milk mixture, then in flour mixture and roll until well-coated.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and fry chicken in skillet, turning often, for 25 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear.