Layers of sauerkraut, corned beef, Swiss cheese, rye bread crumbs - and Russian-style salad dressing for a back-to-basics version of this deli sandwich turned casserole.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 slices rye bread, cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound deli sliced corned beef, cut into strips
- 3/4 cup Russian-style salad dressing
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Spread bread cubes in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread sauerkraut evenly over the bread cubes, then layer beef strips over sauerkraut. Pour dressing over all.
Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray and use to cover baking dish, sprayed side down. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and bake uncovered for another 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.