Dark rye and whole wheat breads are layered with corned beef and sauerkraut and topped with a creamy dressing and Swiss cheese to make a hearty casserole your family is sure to enjoy.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free Thousand Island dressing
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 6 slices dark rye bread, cubed
- 6 slices SARA LEE® Soft & Smooth™ Whole Grain White Bread, cubed
- 1 pound sauerkraut, drained
- 1 1/2 pounds corned beef, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a bowl, mix the Thousand Island Dressing, sour cream, and onion.
Arrange the dark rye and multigrain bread cubes in the bottom of the prepared baking dish, reserving about 1/2 cup each for topping. Layer the bread with sauerkraut and corned beef. Spread the dressing mixture over the corned beef. Spread Swiss cheese evenly over casserole. In a small bowl, toss remaining bread cubes with olive oil; sprinkle over cheese.
Cover, and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
The original recipe, Traditional Reuben Casserole, was submitted by Aveyed, and contains 636 calories, 44 g fat, 115 mg cholesterol, 1580 mg sodium, 27.2 g carbohydrates, 2.8 g fiber, and 33.6 g protein.