For those days when you only have a little bit of time and patience to cook, this recipe will fulfill your needs. It combines crawfish, spicy diced tomatoes, and rice for a quick and delicious meal. Serve with garlic bread on side.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
In a large bowl, combine rice, green pepper, onion, green onions, crawfish tails, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, margarine, parsley, and Cajun seasoning. Pour into rice cooker, and cook for 1 cycle, or until liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings.