Easy chicken casserole to make ahead of time and cook slowly while you are busy in the afternoon.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/2 (10.75 ounce) cans milk
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
Combine the rice, mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and milk. Mix together. Place rice mixture in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture and bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven for 3 hours or until rice is tender (turn chicken once).