This rice salad has a bit of curry powder stirred into the creamy French dressing: the flavor is amazing. Especially after chilling. Lots of other good touches too - sliced radishes, diced cauliflower and peas. Serves six.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups cooked long grain white rice
- 1/4 cup French salad dressing
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
In a large bowl, combine the rice, salad dressing, mayonnaise, green onion, curry powder, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate until chilled.
To the rice mixture, add the ham, cauliflower, peas, celery and radishes. Mix well and serve with sliced avocado or shredded lettuce.