Who can resist this chocolate cake filled with caramel and topped with pecans? Invite some people over so you don't eat the whole thing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In saucepan over low heat, melt caramels and butter. Remove from heat; add EAGLE BRAND®. Mix well; set aside.
Prepare cake mix as package directs. Spread 2 cups batter into greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan; bake 15 minutes. Spread caramel mixture over cake; spread remaining batter over caramel mixture. Top with pecans. Return to oven; bake 30 to 35 minutes or until cake springs back when touched.