Semi-sweet chocolate is melted in rich heavy cream sweetened with confectioners ' sugar, and then spiked with vanilla. Whipped cream is folded into this already luscious filling and poured into a chocolate cookie crust. Chill and serve to raves.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared chocolate cookie crumb crust
In microwave dish combine chocolate chips and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar & vanilla. Set aside.
In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. mix well and spoon into crust.
Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.