Coconut, dates, candied fruit, nuts, and sweetened condensed milk are combined to make these easy, tasty treats.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 2 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed coconut cookies
- 1 cup mixed candied fruit
- 8 dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 drops red food coloring
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
In a medium bowl combine coconut, crushed coconut cookies, candied fruit, dates and pecans. Mix well.
To the sweetened condensed milk add the coconut extract and the food coloring; stir well to mix. Pour into coconut mixture; stir well.
Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet.
Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to waxed paper to cool completely.