Shredded beef, hash browns, and a creamy cheese sauce yield a delicious casserole that you will want to make again and again.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound boneless beef roast
- 2 cups water
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Place the beef roast in a slow cooker with water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and cook 6 to 7 hours on Low. Remove beef from slow cooker, and shred.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Mix milk and soup in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Stir Cheddar cheese into the mixture until melted. Remove from heat, and mix in shredded beef and hash browns. Season with curry powder, salt, garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika, and pepper. Transfer to a casserole dish.
Bake 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.