Roast pork is great for Christmas. Try this recipe. You'll love it.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Stir together the maple syrup, mustard vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Set glaze aside.
Place pork roast in a shallow roasting pan. Spread glaze evenly over pork roast.
Roast pork in a 350 degree F (175 degree) oven. Cook until internal temperature measured with a meat thermometer reaches 160 degrees, about 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours. Remove from oven, and let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.