Lindsay® Pimiento Stuffed Spanish Olives brighten the mellow tones of roasted butternut squash and parmesan cheese risotto for an unforgettable flavorful combination. Freshly grated parmesan cheese and Italian parsley round out the flavors for a perf
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 small butternut squash, pierced with tip of a knife
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1 quart warm chicken stock
- 1 (6 ounce) jar Lindsay® Sicilian Pitted Olives or Lindsay® Spanish olives Stuffed with Pimiento, drained and halved
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400-degrees F. Place squash on baking sheet; roast for 1 hour or until tender. Cool slightly; halve lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds; scoop out flesh from skin. chop flesh; set aside.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; saute for 3 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat grains with butter. Stirring constantly, add stock, 1/2 cup at a time, adding more stock only when the previous amount has been absorbed. When the rice is cooked, about 30 minutes, stir in the squash, olives, cheese and parsley. Cook and stir for 4 minutes until the cheese is melted and mixture is hot throughout. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.