Greek Seasoning highlights the flavors of fennel and white beans in this fresh tasting salad. The freshest fennel will have clean, crisp-looking bulbs with crisp celery-like stalks and bright green foliage. This recipe was developed for McCormick by South
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Greek Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Black Pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
Trim base from fennel bulb; cut into eighths, reserving fennel fronds for garnish.
Toss together fennel, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange fennel in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
Whisk together remaining olive oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning, remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper, Parmesan, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Add fennel and beans; toss gently to coat. Serve over mixed greens. Garnish with reserved fennel fronds.