A puree of roasted red peppers is the base for this hearty pasta soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (16 ounce) jars roasted red peppers
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (9 ounce) packages fresh cheese tortellini, uncooked
Place roasted red peppers in a blender or food processor, and blend until smooth.
In a large saucepan, mix roasted red peppers, chicken broth, and mushrooms. Season with basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Stir in tortellini, and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.