Sweet roasted yams and red onion, rich cashews, and tangy Lindsay® Kalamata Olives, balance each other perfectly in this delicious Roasted Vegetable Couscous.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) yam, peeled and diced (1/2-inch)
- 1 (8 ounce) red onion, peeled and diced (1/2-inch)
- 8 ounces zucchini, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces couscous
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Lindsay® Kalamata Pitted Olives, halved
- 3/4 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, toss yams, onions and zucchini with olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread onto a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes until lightly browned and tender.
While vegetables are cooking, heat broth to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Stir in cous cous and scallions, cover and cook for 1 more minute. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes, then uncover and fluff with a fork. Mix in Lindsay Kalamata olives, garbonzo beans, cashews, parsley, orange juice and cinnamon. Season with a dash of cayenne pepper to taste.
Top couscous with roasted vegetables and toss together just before serving.