A deceptively easy dish with gourmet flavor, roasted vegetables are topped diced tomatoes feta cheese, and finally puff pastry. The whole dish is inverted for serving.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green chile pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly oil a shallow baking dish or pie dish.
Place onion, peppers, and garlic in prepared pan. Season with freshly ground pepper, and sprinkle a little olive oil over them. Roast in preheated oven for about 10 minutes, or until you think the vegetable are done.
When the vegetables are tender, remove from oven. Spread tomatoes evenly over the vegetables, and sprinkle with feta cheese. Roll out the puff pastry, and place over vegetables.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown. Remove from oven, place a tray over the dish, and then flip it upside down so that you have a puff pastry base with the vegetables on top. Serve immediately while the puff pastry is still crisp.