The best hummus recipe I ever had. A simple authentic tasting hummus is served with toasted pita wedges brushed with olive oil and seasoned with rosemary. A beautiful dish that goes well on an appetizer buffet.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (19 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water, or as needed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 6 pita bread rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
Mash garlic with the salt in a small bowl. Place into a blender or food processor along with the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, honey, and enough water to cover the beans. Process until smooth. Spoon into a serving dish, and drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the top.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Brush pita breads with remaining olive oil, and cut into wedges. Season with salt and fresh rosemary. Bake for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool, and serve with hummus.