These cookies are thick and bake up really soft. Great for cut out cookies.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream together the sugar, shortening, and eggs. Add dry ingredients and then add milk and vanilla.
Roll out dough on floured surface and cut with cookie cutters. Place on cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Do not let cookies get too brown, only slightly around the edges. Store in a tightly closed container. They freeze well also.