Eating the skin of apples provides about twice the anti-cancer activity as eating only the pulp, Cornell University studies show. That's why this recipe says not to peel the apple. You may wonder about the hefty amount of fat in each serving. Don't: 90% o
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 cup blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 8 ounces plain non-fat yogurt
- 4 1/2 cups hearts of romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 large unpeeled apple, chopped
- 1 Hass avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup toasted pecan pieces
In a small bowl, mash cheese with a fork. Add vinegar, mustard, juice and yogurt; stir to combine thoroughly.
In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Toss with 1/2 cup Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing.