Two pounds of boneless chicken is cooked in water with onions, garlic, thyme and rosemary in this soup with pasta and carrots.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 8 cups water
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken meat
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 white onion
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package penne pasta
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
In a large kettle, boil water, chicken, spices, onion, and garlic for 1 hour.
Add carrots, oil, and noodles; boil for 20 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.