These elegant but easy loin lamb chops are marinated then quickly cooked in a skillet. Crushed Rosemary is just the right herb to complement the other savory flavors in this lamb marinade.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Crushed Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 loin lamb chops, cut 1 to 1 1/4-inch thick, trimmed
Mix crushed rosemary, thyme, black pepper, garlic powder and salt in a bowl. Add onion, orange juice, white wine and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Whisk together and reserve 1/2 cup marinade mixture for later use.
Place lamb chops in self-closing plastic bag; add marinade. Turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes. Remove lamb from marinade and blot dry with a paper towel. (Do not remove onion pieces from chops).
Heat remaining oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Place lamb in skillet. Sear one side of lamb approximately 4 minutes or until well browned. Turn chops over and cook 4 minutes longer or until desired doneness. Add reserved marinade and simmer 2 minutes. Remove lamb to a serving plate. Pour reduced marinade over lamb.