A garden of vegetables with turkey and chunks crunchy bacon bits topped with Cheddar cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package rotelle pasta
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 ounces turkey breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add rotelle pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
Cook the frozen vegetables in the microwave approximately 4 to 6 minutes, making sure they stay crisp; drain.
In a large bowl mix together Italian dressing, mustard, seasoning salt, and pepper. Add pasta, mixed vegetables, bell pepper, turkey, 1/2 of the bacon and 1/2 of the cheese; mix well. Sprinkle remainder of cheese and bacon on the top. Cover and chill thoroughly before serving.