Braised sirloin steak rolls, seasoned with Dijon mustard and stuffed with onion and pickle wedges. Topped with gravy.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 (1/2 pound) sirloin tip steaks, thin cut
- 3 slices bacon, cut in half
- 2 dill pickles, cut into 3 wedges
- 1 to taste prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 to taste salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 (.75 ounce) packages dry brown gravy mix
Place sirloin flat on a cutting board, spread on mustard and salt and pepper to taste. Place 1/2 strip bacon, 1 onion wedge, and 1 pickle wedge onto the steak. Roll making sure all items stay inside and tuck ends in. Tie up with butcher string. Repeat for each steak.
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stock pot, over medium heat. Brown meat well.
Pour in enough water to cover meat. Reduce heat to medium/low heat and cook for 1 hour.
When meat is cooked, stir in gravy mix. Heat through.