This recipe lit up the family, and everyone loved it. As it got passed around to family and friends, slight changes occurred. For instance, you can omit the cilantro if you don't care for it or use less nutmeg and more cloves; the possibilities are endles
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 large red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
In a food processor, combine onion, garlic, habanero pepper, and ginger. Pulse until ingredients are minced. Blend in olive oil, brown sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, cilantro, salt, and pepper. In a container, combine marinade with chicken. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
Grill chicken for 10 minutes per side, or until no longer pink and juices run clear.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.