This winter salad utilizes mixed greens, onions, parsley, eggs, olives and rustic bread. Adjust the amount or type of fat free dressing to suit your tastes.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 12 eggs
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 9 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup fat free salad dressing
- 3 cups pitted kalamata olives
- 3 cups French or Italian bread cubes, toasted
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and cut into quarters.
In a large bowl, combine the mixed greens, green onions, red onions and parsley. Add enough salad dressing to coat and toss evenly.
Place 1 cup of salad mixture on each plate and garnish with olives, chopped eggs and bread cubes.