A decadent cheese ball made with blue cheese, onion and spices. Adjust the amount of heat to suit your guests. This is perfect if you are a blue cheese lover!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™), or to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and blue cheese. Blend in the celery, onion, hot pepper sauce, and cayenne pepper. Chill overnight, or until firm.
Roll the chilled cheese mixture into a ball, and coat with pecans. Wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate until serving.