A hot and hearty Mexican inspired dip. Increase the burn factor with sliced jalapenos!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 (19 ounce) cans canned kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 small onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3 bunches green onion, diced
- 16 ounces Cheddar cheese, shredded
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the kidney beans, refried beans, onion, ground beef, jalapenos, hot sauce and taco seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes or until beef is brown.
Add the green onions and grated cheese just before serving. Serve hot with tortilla chips and sliced jalapenos if desired.