Fix this big pot of beefy baked beans for your next potluck, or freeze the leftovers and enjoy them again and again!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (31 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 (31 ounce) can pork and beans, with liquid
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups barbeque sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place bacon in a Dutch oven. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Place the ground beef and onion in the Dutch oven. Cook until beef is evenly brown and onion is tender.
Return bacon to the Dutch oven. Mix in the drained pork and beans, pork and beans with liquid, kidney beans, and lima beans. Stir in the barbeque sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and liquid smoke. Season with salt and pepper.
Cover Dutch oven, and bake 1 hour in the preheated oven.