A simple and wonderfully balanced BBQ sauce that tastes equally amazing on pork, beef, or chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the tomato sauce, honey, soy sauce, vinegar, corn syrup, Worcestershire sauce, hoisin sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook 30 minutes, until thickened. Cool, and use immediately.