Sage Roasted Pork Tenderloin and Beans marries a mixture of beans and artichoke hearts with juicy slices of pork tenderloin for a delicious low-fat dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons dried sage leaves, divided
- 2 pounds whole pork tenderloins
- 2 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Combine beans, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, lemon rind, and 1 teaspoon sage; place in 13x9 inch baking pan.
Cut slits in tenderloins with sharp paring knife and insert slivers of garlic; sprinkle pork lightly with pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon sage. Place on top of bean mixture; drizzle with oil.
Roast at 425 F. until pork is done and juices run clear, 35 to 40 minutes. Spoon bean mixture onto rimmed serving platter; slice pork and arrange on beans.