This French-inspired salad makes a delightful summer dish. You can dress it up with other garden vegetables like corn, blanched broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 pound new potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup pitted nicoise olives
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans - rinsed, trimmed and blanched
- 1/2 pound mixed salad greens
- 1 cup lemon vinaigrette
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 3 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 anchovy filets
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes, and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, parsley, olives, onion, tuna and green beans. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
In large bowl, toss greens with vinaigrette and top with chilled potato mixture. Garnish with eggs, tomatoes, capers and anchovies.