All the veggies in this healthy salad are shredded, torn, chopped or sliced. Cabbage, spinach, bell peppers, and carrots are tossed with balsamic vinaigrette and topped with sunflower seeds.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 bunch fresh spinach - torn, washed and dried
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 ounce pumpkin seeds (optional)
In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cabbage, carrots and bell pepper. Add enough salad dressing to coat. Toss, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and salt and pepper if desired.