Broiled salmon is tossed with avocado, mushrooms, and tomatoes in this vibrantly flavored summer salad!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
Preheat the oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the salmon on the foil, and brush with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Season with salt and pepper. Broil 15 minutes, until fish is easily flaked with a fork.
Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms until tender.
Place the tomatoes in a bowl, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the salmon, mushrooms, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cilantro, and jalapeno. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and the vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.