A quick simple meal that tastes divine. Great when you feel like a real treat and don't want to eat out. It's a little naughty but you can reduce the fat if you want.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 ounces dry fettuccini noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can red salmon, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) container low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and bell pepper until onion is soft and translucent. Add Italian seasoning and kalamata olives. Stir in lemon juice, and cook 10 minutes, or until liquid is reduced. Stir in salmon, sour cream, yogurt and blue cheese. Toss with cooked pasta until evenly coated.