Cook salmon using your favorite method, then serve on a bed of spinach with tropical fruit salsa!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fruit Salsa:
- 1 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium banana, diced
- 1 tablespoon apricot jam (or orange marmalade)
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes (optional)
- Spinach With Garlic:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 pounds fresh spinach, preferably organic, well washed and drained
Remove the skin, then brush on oil and grind on some black pepper. Simply grill, broil, microwave or bake the fish until desired doneness. Combine salsa ingredients. Serve fish with a big dollop of fruit salsa.
Heat oil in a very large skillet. Add garlic; saute. Add spinach in batches. Stir until just wilted.