This recipe uses seven of 10 EatSmart tactics: fatty fish, good carbs, vegetables, fiber, nuts, smaller portions and no trans fats. These simple tactics can improve your health.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger root
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade, divided
- 2 tablespoons melted trans-fat-free margarine
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley sprigs
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine sweet potatoes, onion, ginger, juice, 2 Tbs. marmalade, margarine and salt. Place in a 9-by-13-inch casserole dish, sprayed with cooking spray. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Remove from oven; top with salmon. Brush fish with reserved 1 Tb. marmalade; grind on pepper. Return to oven uncovered and bake 10 to 12 minutes, until fish is done to your liking. Garnish with almonds and parsley.