Smoked salmon, spinach, capers, and sun-dried tomatoes in a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce are served over fettuccine.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 8 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add fettuccine, and cook for 11 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter, and blend with milk. Mix in the flour to thicken. Gradually stir in the Parmesan cheese until melted.
Crumble salmon into the butter mixture. Stir in the spinach, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, and oregano. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until heated through. Serve over the cooked pasta.