The natural deliciousness of salmon is enhanced with a delicate blend of spices, a little butter, and Parmesan cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons garlic oil
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika to taste
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 dashes hot pepper sauce
In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
Heat the garlic oil in a skillet over medium heat. Season the salmon with salt, pepper, dill, and paprika, and cook in the hot oil 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until tender enough to break apart. Break salmon into cubes with a spatula or fork. Mix in the tomatoes, garlic, and lemon juice. Continue cooking until salmon is easily flaked with a fork.
Mix the parsley, Parmesan cheese, butter, and hot pepper sauce into the skillet, and continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until well mixed. Serve over the cooked rice.