A zesty shake of vinegar, cilantro, garlic salt, lemon juice, oil and sugar dances with pasta tossed with onion, bell pepper, olives, tomatoes and green chilies. Let the salad chill for a while to bring out all the festive flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 cups dry rainbow radiatore pasta
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
In a large pot with boiling salted water cook radiatore pasta until al dente. Drain.
Meanwhile, combine chopped onion, bell pepper, olives, tomatoes, and green chilies in a large bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, cilantro, garlic salt, lemon juice, vegetable oil, sugar and chili powder.
Mix cooked pasta with vegetables. Toss with cilantro dressing and serve.