Jalapeno adds heat to this cooked cranberry sauce with the essence of orange.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 apple - peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup orange liqueur
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the fresh whole cranberries, cranberry sauce, orange marmalade, onion, apple, green bell pepper, salt, jalapeno, lime juice and liqueur.
Cook until cranberries crack open. Reduce heat and simmer until contents reduce by one third (approximately 3 hours). Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool overnight.