A perfect quick and easy gift. The layers in the jar are as beautiful as a work of art.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup candy-coated chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
In a 1 quart or 1 liter jar, layer the ingredients in the order given. Lightly pack down the jar after each addition. Attach a card with the following instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a cookie sheet. Empty the entire contents of the jar into a medium bowl. Add 1 large egg and 1/2 cup of margarine melted; mix well. Form dough into 1 inch balls and bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
More Tips for Cookie and Brownie Mix in a Jar