Spiced up rice pilaf with corn, fresh tomato and pieces of chicken is an exciting and delicious meal. It's also conveniently quick.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (6.09 ounce) package NEAR EAST® Rice Pilaf Mix
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fat free & reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup seasoned diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken strips, cooked cut in 1-inch chunks, heated
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped
- 1 (8.75 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
Prepare Near East rice according to package directions except use chicken broth instead of water and add cumin with contents of spice sack.
Stir in remaining 5 ingredients into rice mixture. Top with cheddar cheese, if desired.